Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Patio Project

On Friday We did ALL of this...
Beginning-7am Dad starting to dig


A few hours later...still digging


HA! Chopping up the old concrete slab...and no I did not contribute that much

The framework


Adding grid wire

My mom and I were digging up dirt to make the ground level and I stepped in a red ant hill and was bitten a TON, so my Grammy killed those rotten ants with raid! I have unreal welts from those lame ants.


We took down part of the fence for the concrete delivery man






The concrete arrives



We transported it in wheel barrels which was SO hard...I accidentally tipped one over






Dumping it into the frame

Smoothing out and making the concrete even

More smoothing...


Relaxing after a hard days work

Ahhhh finally done


12 hour project, but so glad we did it. Thanks Dad, Grandad, Casey and Mom for all your hard work...couldn't have done it without you. And thank you Grammy for killing those ants, and all the delicious food! It was a good weekend :)


I love this picture of Flash and Casey

Tired Puppies


The First day of spring...SNOW, What?!?! It was 70 something degrees on Friday, and Saturday it was snowing...Texas weather at is finest I suppose.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! that looks like a lot of work but so awesome! i totally want a bigger patio. way to go =)