Lately I have been missing my blonde hair. Before we got married, I had really blonde hair, and over the past two and half years it has seem to have gotten darker....Probably for several reasons...but the main one being the fact that I haven't wanted to put forth the money to keep it up. So, I had the bright idea to fix this little problem myself...buy a box of hair color at the store, maximum cost of $9-Sweet...Wrong. Terrible.
One of my best friends even went to hair school, and I have heard all the nightmare-ish stories about people coloring their own hair (especially blondes). BUT for some reason, I got it in my head that I would be different and it would look great. So not matter what, I was determined to do it, and volia, I learned my lesson.
I have never EVER done anything crazy with my hair. I am even too scared to cut it, I always get trims, and I always get the same highlights done everytime. I guess everyone has to have some hair nightmare, but this one was bad.
After applying it and letting it sit for 20 minutes, I came upstairs, and my sweet mom tried to be subtle in telling me it was not exactly what I expected. Bless her heart. Then she said...maybe it just looks like this because its wet, maybe it will look different when its dry. This is what it looked like after being dried.
YIKES! and Hideous!
So, on the phone we were with the hair salon. LUCKILY someone was there that could help, and she was awesome. 4 hours later, my hair was toned and highlighted. Still has a bit of an orange tint, and that is probably why you will not be seeing me in any pictures for a while.
1 comment:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm not laughing AT you...... awww, poor Marcie. I'm so sorry. You moved too far away and I couldn't keep up your fabulous blond for you anymore! It's probably not that now that it has been fixed, but I understand. It happens to everyone at least once. Trust me.
Post a Comment