Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

Happy Easter! We went up to Oklahoma City for Easter to spend some time with my WHOLE family! It was fabulous! Too bad it stormed on our way up AND on our way back.... not while we were there, just when we needed to drive. We left Friday night after work, and we could see that there were storm clouds ahead, and some lightning strikes. As we got closer, lightning was striking every couple of seconds. It was actually really cool to watch, but also really scary. Then came the thunder, wind, hail and rain. I called my Grammy every five minutes to make sure we were not going to get swept away by a tornado...it is tornado valley ya know! There were cars piled up under every overpass for miles. Not a good sign. I'm just thankful we made it safely!





Saturday, we went out to my Uncle Mike's house. The boys helped him cut down a dead tree, and the girls went and got pizza! My Aunt Tina teaches kindergarten at the only school in their town (its really small, they don't even have a Wal-Mart! Just a Sonic, and a pizza place). When I was little, I went to school with her one day, and I remember going to get pizza for lunch at the same place we got it at on Saturday. After pizza, Lincoln, Casey, my mom and I went to visit my Papaw, he lives pretty close to my uncle. It was SO great to see him, I hadn't seen him since last Christmas. He is such a funny man, and has the best stories!! He lives on a couple acres, and has two riding lawn mowers. When I was a kid, I LOVED riding lawn mowers, but I have never been on one. SO...Casey and I got his out, and rode around the yard. Lincoln thought I was nuts, but it was actually so fun!







We also went and visited my Aunt Janis on Saturday. She had to have some teeth pulled the day before, so she was in a lot of pain. It was great to visit with her though, I also hadn't seen her since last Christmas!


If you know my family, you know they are all excellent cooks! We had the BEST Easter dinner. My Grandad smoked two chickens. My Grammy made a Ham, and my Uncle Mike made ribs. We also had awesome rolls, corn, potatoes, green beans and veggies. It was soooooo yummy! My Uncle Mike works for OG+E, and he got called to St. Louis late Saturday night, so he missed out on Easter dinner, and the fabulous ribs he made. So, this is for him:




Lincoln, Casey and my Dad played lots of pool. This was apparently a "serious" game.





Weirdo's!!


I have the best family! We had such a great weekend, it was so great to all be together!

No comments: