Sunday, September 18, 2011

Gross.

I have a greater appreciation for technology and appliances these days. We have reverted back to the 1940's over here... washing dishes by hand.
It all started a few weeks ago...
Our kitchen smelled awful...rotten eggs style. I assumed it was the disposal. One day I was loading the dishwasher and noticed there was standing water at the bottom. Didn't think anything of it, definitely didn't put that and the rancid smell together. I ended up telling maintenance just because I didn't want the dishwasher to overflow if I ran it. Anyways, they came out to drain the water, and that was that. I didn't notice the smell as much anymore. So, the next day I am loading the dishwasher again and noticed more water. Annoying, but called maintenance again. The day went on, and the smell came back. It started out smelling like a fish tank, and then like a dead fish, and then the rotten egg smell came back. Maintenance didn't make it out that day, and the smell was so unbearable, I couldn't even be in the room. The next morning I decided to open the dishwasher to see if there was still water, and WOW... I was overtaken by quite possibly the worse smell ever. It was worse than rotten eggs, it just smelled like raw sewage. Maintenance came out and drained the water again, and told me to run bleach through, and if it happened again, they would replace the dishwasher. I thought that was odd...clearly its not the dishwasher. But, wanting a new dishwasher...especially one that hadn't sat with an awful smelling puddle of water in it for days... I didn't complain. They are the professionals, right?
Well, of course it happened again, and we got a new dishwasher. And guess what...its STILL happening. Maybe I have a future career as a plumber, who knows.

In the mean time, we have been washing ALL of our dished by hand. And sometimes it takes hours. So, maintenance people or plumbers or whoever PLEASE fix this problem. It is gross. So gross.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Seriously. I wonder what's happening? Lame. So sorry you have to wash by hand. No fun. At all. Maybe stop eating?