Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Hungarian Chef!

One day a few weeks ago, Lincoln decided he wanted some authentic Hungarian food. I tried to make something once, and it was a disaster, and kind of gross. Their recipes are somewhat vague, and it everything seems so complicated. So, when Linc was reading the recipe off to me, it had a list at the bottom of pans/utensils you would need. He then asked me if we had a bowl with holes in it to put over a pot of boiling water. I thought...hmm we have a strainer? He said nope, and that was the only thing I could think of. Mind you, this was right before our trip to the grocery, and thinking we didn't have the right equipment to make this dish, I just assumed I would make something else. We get home from the store, I start enchiladas, and Linc comes in and starts cooking his thing too! Let me remind you, there is only room for ONE cook in our kitchen, so it made for an interesting evening.
So...I finish my enchiladas and put them in the oven, and look up, and Linc has our CHEESE GRADER over a big boiling pot of water. I cracked up! I would have never thought of that...he is so innovative and creative apparently! And much to my surprise his creation was delicious!


It is called nokedli. You are supposed to have it with sauce or in addition to another meal. Since I had no clue he was planning on making this, we had to improvise. I actually thought it tasted delicious by itself!

No comments: