Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas One--Kansas City!

I am finally getting around to Christmas now that it was over a month ago...
We spent Christmas in Kansas City this year. It was glorious! I came a few days before Lincoln. He was super busy with finals and interviews the week before. I thought probably best to get out of his hair so he could get some stuff done! I am pretty high maintenance when it comes to his attention ;) haha! Any-who... the week before Christmas is always my favorite. We shop, wrap presents, make Christmas cookies, watch Christmas movies, etc. Its just the best! I also had a girls reunion with all of my bff's from high school. It was so fun to see everyone. Some of them I hadn't seen since graduation.

We did A lot of cooking this year. We made three different kinds of cookies, and printed up a meal plan for every meal on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. It was a lot of cooking, but SO delicious!

Growing up, we would always celebrate Christmas early before we went to Oklahoma. Part of that was going to McCormick and Schmick for "Christmas Eve" dinner. We brought that tradition back this year! I had crab cakes for the first time, and oh my...LOVE! They also have a famous dessert there called the chocolate box. I can't go there without ordering one. They are even famous in Kansas City!

McCormick and Schmick is on the Plaza, so every year we go to the top of my Dad's office building to look at the lights. Perfect View.

Christmas Morning... Santa was good to us this year!

Even Flash!

This year I was really into making presents. I made this money tree for Casey. How awesome is that?!? I loved that he loved it so much. He even said he was never going to use any of the money on it. Two weeks later, it was all gone.

The little cuties all worn out

Christmas was so much fun, it was so great to be able to spend so much time together doing everything we love!

No comments: