A glimpse of how much luggage we brought... 2 weeks is a long time! But, yes I realize I can wash clothes, and don't need something for every day (if I'm being honest, more than one thing for every day) BUT you never know what you will need! Everyone likes to give me a hard time about my packing habits, especially my father...
Some of our best friends from Texas, the Lewis clan (as Lincoln refers to them) picked us up from the airport. They happened to be in town visiting family for Christmas. They moved to Washington last January, and we were oh so sad to see them go! We went to dinner at a lovely pizza place in downtown Salt Lake. I am bummed we didn't get a picture, but it was so fun catching up with them!
Skyping with Lance and Keri... missed them!
Happy New Year! We had a fabulous new years eve. We spent it with all of Linc's cousins that drove up from the valley. We played games until 3:30ish in the morning. Talk about a Sunday nap the next day! We celebrated with the little kiddos a few hours before so they could get to bed. Dawn bought silly string, hats and noise makers. Maisie loved it, it was so cute! The silly string turned out to be very messy!
Before we started playing games, Marina and Linc played some Foosball. Marina beat Linc the first game, and what was supposed to be only one turned into five I think? Linc couldn't stand to let Marina win! She is a pretty good player!
New years day... After church Linc and Maisie watched a movie together. I am thinking Mary Poppins, but it could have been something else.
Game of hearts!
and lots of skiing!
We worked out most every day, went swimming, got in the hot tub, and played some pool (Linc and C, not me)
Compliments of Maisie... Harry Potter glasses, and a teeny tiny cone hat!
The morning we left for St. George, a helicopter flew in to life flight someone down to the valley. We had the most excellent view and watched the whole thing. Poor snowboarding guy who got hurt. It was cool to watch though.
Every year we go to Utah, I have to eat at Zupas. Its one of my all time favorites, and I miss it dearly. This year, I made a list of all the restaurants I wanted to eat at before we left. Since we had two weeks I thought I could get to all of them, and I did. My list was modest, and didn't include everywhere I would want to go. We did hit up Zupas, Cafe Rio, and In n Out. I only have a picture of my in n out burger, which wasn't that good, AND had a hair in it...gross!
St. George, what a beautiful city! We spent some time with Grammy and Grandpa Marcusen who we don't get to see that often. It was so great! Apparently, they used to have blood pressure contests, so we did it one night. Grammy won! I had one of the highest readings, lame!
We went to Zion's while we were down there. I have never been, and it was beautiful!
The weeping rock..
After a long day of walking...
Woke up to this... Not a bad view
Goodbye Utah, its been real! See ya next year.
1 comment:
MARCIE! Haven't talked to you in forever! Your Christmas looked awesome, and you seem to be adjusting to St. Louis life well! The zoo was always my favorite place....I went there A LOT. Should have gone more. Anyway...we need to talk...soon!
Post a Comment