Here's to 13.1!!!!!!!!
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Hospital Hill Half Marathon
Lincoln and I did the Hospital Hill Half Marathon yesterday! Its been a long time coming-- I have wanted to do a half marathon for a few years now, but never got serious enough to train all the way through. Lucky for me, I picked one of the hardest half marathons to do first. Hospital HILL is a very accurate name for it. Boy were there hills! I was not prepared for that. While we were training we kept a 9:30/mile pace. Sometimes it was 10:00 and sometimes it was 9:15 depending on the time of day and the weather. That did not play out during the race. We finished at about 2:20. I was hoping for 2:00-2:05. Oh well... the next one I will be more concerned about time. I am just happy I finished! I must have had something stuck in my sock-- around mile 4 my toe starting hurting and it felt like my skin was rubbing off-- when I took my shoes off, my sock was red with blood! Just one of the bonuses of running long distances I suppose. I wont even get into the chaffing... All worth it in the end. Its a great feeling to accomplish something like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Way to go!! That's a big accomplishment! Apparently, foot trauma in common in long-distance running. Not that I would know PERSONALLY, ha! Maybe it was your toenails- my marathon-er friend said that can happen, too!
Either way, totally impressed!
Post a Comment