Sunday, June 3, 2012

Spring Time

We are loving St. Louis!  Its been a busy few months, but they have been great! 
We had one snow this entire winter!  It snowed more in Texas during one storm, one winter than it did here all year.  Weird.  Flash and I got out a walked around-- I was hoping for a bigger snow so we could go sledding.  St Louis has some great hills! I have high hopes for a big snowstorm next year.
Lincoln had two weeks off for spring break.  We planned on driving out to Salt Lake, but I got sick, so we bought a ticket for Linc to go out and hit the slopes for a week last minute.  While he was gone my fam came to STL for a few days. We just happened to all be there the day maintenance was fixing our shower.  It had a crack in the base-- so we had no shower for 24 hours.
Emily and I used to always wash each others hair in the sink growing up and I thought it was so fun for some reason.  Apparently Case thought it was fun too.

We had 90 + degree weather the whole time!  We spent an entire day at Forrest Park. 


Casey, my mom and I, and the dogs all got on a paddle boat.  It wasn't as fun as I anticipated.  Flash tried to jump out a million times to swim after ducks, and it was hard pedaling everyone around in the gusty wind. 

The Hill! We ate at Zias and had some of the best gelato I have ever had.
Right before Thanksgiving I decided to stop looking for a job so we could travel during the holidays.  When we got back, I went to Florida, and then I knew we would be leaving for the summer, so I never got around to getting a job.  Fortunately our best friends out here needed a nanny for eight weeks.  It worked out perfectly, and these two little darlings are angels.  I miss them!



This lovely little spatula was retired to the trash after an incident in the dishwasher that made our apartment stink for days after.  We started the dishwasher one morning before heading to the gym and when we came back we about passed out from the stink!  Couldn't figure out what it was, until we finally narrowed it down to the dishwasher-- which we have had our fair share of issues with.  I went to pull out the bottom tray and it was stuck-- which led me to the culprit.  It had fallen down during the cycle and melted.  The smell was gross.

We discovered an awesome park-- Creve Couer Lake.  We did a lot of runs around the lake, and Flash enjoyed the water.  He loves to swim. 

We went to KC one weekend to see Casey in a play at school.  He played a mexican school kid.  He had the funniest lines, and he did a great job!

While we were there, we took down our basketball hoop that we have had for almost 16 years.  We put it in the summer Casey was born.  I remember carving my initials into the cement and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.  It was kind of sad to take it down, but it was in such bad shape and no one ever uses it anymore.


We finally went to Ted Drewes!  Everyone talks about that place.  It was SO crowded!  Like nothing I have ever seen before.  It is the first custard place in STL.  All the locals think its so fab.  We thought it was really good too-- but I will say, Custards Last Stand is better.
And we are off to CHICAGO for the summer!  

No comments: