Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Three Years!

I can't believe it, but its true, we have been married three years now! We were at Lake Powell on the actual day, but we celebrated this past week in New Braunfels/San Antonio. Lincoln's parents have a time share, and we were able to book some bonus time during the week. I am so glad we went, we had a blast! We haven't been anywhere just the two of us since our honeymoon. And this will be a trip we will never forget...it sure was eventful!
The actual condo was in Gruene which is basically New Braunfels and just 30 minutes north of San Antonio. We got there on Wednesday night, unloaded our stuff and went to the grocery store to get some milk and cereal for breakfast. When we got back to the condo, we walked in and we immediately heard this strange noise. It sounded like a bird squeaking. At first, we thought it was just outside, but we were oh so wrong. We followed the noise, and it eventually led us the wall splitting the living area and the master bedroom. We looked behind the TV, and saw this baby mouse trapped on this sticky paper. It was the saddest thing ever! I felt so bad for the little cutie. Too bad mice are so disgusting and disease ridden because they are so cute. We called the front desk, and at first the guy told us he didn't think he would be able to leave since he was the only one there. We were thinking oh no, this poor thing is LOUD, and it just creeped me out to know that it was there. After some convincing, the man said he would come take care of it. As we are hanging up with him, I look over and I see another mouse at least twice the size run across the kitchen floor!!! What the heck! When the man showed up we told him about the other mouse, to which he replies "well its really hard to catch a mouse just running around" Oh geeze. We asked to switch rooms, but he said he thought everything was booked but that he would see if there was anything he could do. Mind you, these are very nice condos, nothing the sneeze at, so the fact that there were two mice in there was completely unexpected and gross! So, he called us back twentyish minutes later and upgrades us to their three bedroom penthouse suite. SWEET! It was all bliss from there.

After waking up late (not wanting to, but so tired from all the excitement the night before) we decided to float the Guadalupe River. I have to say Lincoln enjoyed this a little more than I did. There was algae everywhere! It was all hairy like and just icky. Not only that, but there were turtles EVERYWHERE (which Lincoln thought was totally awesome). They just scared me, because they would peek their little heads out of the water, and it looked like a snake! After a minor breakdown from one rubbing up against my back, I finally relaxed and enjoyed the ride.

One of the places I said we had to go before we left Texas was San Antonio, and it did not disappoint! When I was a kid I watched Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure all the time, and if you have seen it, you know that the Alamo is a major part. So naturally, I wanted to see it in real life! It was awesome!


Another must see: the Riverwalk. It was AWESOME! Highly recommend!


It was so hot while we were walking around, so we stopped to sit on these grassy steps. I stood up to this loveliness.

Our patio looked out over the pool, and we had a nice table to eat breakfast on in the mornings.

Happy Three years to my hubzy, love him to pieces! Here's to lots more! :)

1 comment:

Valerie said...

You guys make me happy. Happy late anniversary!! Miss you!