In the process of unloading the washer and dryer, we discovered a box that appeared to have something leaking inside. It was the box labeled "garage" and it was sitting on top of the box with our pillows and other misc. stuff. So great... there is some sort of nasty brown gooey crud all over. So we had to unpack everything to clean it, and find out what it was...
Turns out it was a can of stain...that I didn't even know was packed... This was just one of the many interesting things we found we we opened the boxes. Our lovely king size pillows and pillow cases had to be tossed due to lots of goo that was impossible to get off :(
Once we got everything cleaned and repacked it was time to transport everything that was staying to the basement. It was just Linc, my momma and me...dad and Casey were in Florida on a boyscout vaca..luckeys! I wish I had some pictures of our attempts to move this stuff. It was quite an ordeal.
The next day was spend resting, and Wednesday morning it was on to St. Louis. It was outrageously hot that day which was fab....we all almost passed out at least once over the course of the day. Everything was fairly easy until the last piece of furniture in the truck, a billion pound, solid wood armoire. Getting this inside and upstairs was one of the scariest experiences in my life thus far. I am shocked we actually did it. Naturally I wish I had a picture to document it, but at the time that was the last thing on my mind. Linc was at the top pulling while my mom and I were at the bottom pushing and hoping it wasn't going to topple on top of us. That wasn't even the scary part...the worst was at the top when we had to set it up right to get it through the hallway. Long story, but I ended up having to climb over the thing and switch places with Linc to get it standing upright. And that was pretty much the end of that day....the most draining thing ever! Then the next few days were spend unpacking, organizing and decorating.
The next day was spend resting, and Wednesday morning it was on to St. Louis. It was outrageously hot that day which was fab....we all almost passed out at least once over the course of the day. Everything was fairly easy until the last piece of furniture in the truck, a billion pound, solid wood armoire. Getting this inside and upstairs was one of the scariest experiences in my life thus far. I am shocked we actually did it. Naturally I wish I had a picture to document it, but at the time that was the last thing on my mind. Linc was at the top pulling while my mom and I were at the bottom pushing and hoping it wasn't going to topple on top of us. That wasn't even the scary part...the worst was at the top when we had to set it up right to get it through the hallway. Long story, but I ended up having to climb over the thing and switch places with Linc to get it standing upright. And that was pretty much the end of that day....the most draining thing ever! Then the next few days were spend unpacking, organizing and decorating.
And proof that I still have some work to do...
3 comments:
Oh yay, happy new place! And you're UNPACKED???? What kind of awesome overachiever are you?? No, but really, that's great, and makes you feel more at home. Hope you guys love it! We will miss you!
K I love the new place! It looks so great! You did awesome! I wish we could have helped you out more! Sorry about that! But your house looks great, we miss you guys so much! Come back!!!! haha
awww, see? It's totally cute! I am jealous of your brick wall.
Sorry about that spilled stain...Lincoln told us something spilled but not that you had to throw away pillows...boo.
So glad you made it safe! Good luck with the continued job hunt and Lincoln at school!
Post a Comment